Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 26 - Giving

It's Christmas!

Giving is so much more greater than receiving. You may disagree with me on this one but, seeing my boys eyes light up when they opened up toys was a feeling of true joy. My 3 yr.old kept saying "Just what I wanted" or "Just what I needed".

So to honor Christmas and Jesus being born, I made a very large breakfast for my family and some friends. We all shared a story or two of past holidays, weirdest Xmas gifts received , the reactions we've all made on opening gifts, who got what this year, who knows how to shop for things etc..while enjoying a hot cup of coffee, stale coffee cake, blueberry pancakes, eggs over easy, ham, bacon and white rice with them really started the day on a good note.

After breakfast wrapped up we started watching Christmas movies (which is one of my favorite things to do) for a few hours until it was time for a mid afternoon nap.

Before we realized it,  it was time to head over to another friends house later in the afternoon to enjoy a few glasses of  wine and dinner. Time just flew by. Didn't get a chance to watch the Lakers/Bulls Game or Miami Heat.... nada.

Giving my time to others on Christmas day made it even more special! However, giving up my time everyday to make breakfast somewhat impossible. But, I will attempt to give more of my time to my family daily as I think that is achievable!

Besides, I still have Tivo to record my games.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment