Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 14 - Learning to be more humble - Humility

The Catholic church states, Humility is viewed as a potential part of temperance because temperance includes all those virtues that restrain or express the inordinate movements of our desires or appetites.

Well okay then, since I am Catholic (80%) of the time and a Sinner (20%) of the time, do I truly restrain or express the inordinate movements of my desires or appetites.Good question? If anyone spent a day inside my head, you probably can figure out that answer on your own.

On another note,  wikipedia states: Humility (adjectival form: humble) is the quality of being modest, and respectful. Something that I can honestly say I do not do every day but will try from this point on. For the most part if I did act on being humble every day (all day) would that get me closer to God and just exactly how close do I really want to get to God...

Now, I will attempt to practice being more respectful, humble and modest but before doing so, I took a look at the term modest this is what I found "having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, etc.; free from vanity, egotism, boastfulness, or great pretensions"

So, I don't know about you but can you imagine a day of not feeling vain, or having an ego.. Just kidding... I credit myself everyday in the mirror but I most definitely don't walk around boasting and expecting people to treat me of some royal importance.
I guess the moral of the topic today is for me to be more humble, treat everyone with respect (which I believe I do to the people who deserve it) and be more modest starting with my self and working it on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment